Sunday, June 1, 2008

Training Continues: Half-Marathon

After dozens and dozens (and dozens more) of hours on the bike, I finished my first ever half-marathon today. I did the 13 mile run with Vanessa and boy did I ever feel it afterwards. My IT (iliotibial) band was killing me. I could barely walk. My cardio conditioning was fine, thanks mainly to biking regularly over the last few months.

The half-marathon took about 2:32 to complete, which a few months ago may have looked like quite the task, but going out for a 2+ hour cardio workout takes little persuasion now.

With just over 2.5 weeks before we leave for Victoria, we'll be biking at least twice every three days. Ideally, I'd like to be biking everyday, but we'll see. The training is just one of many ducks that we have to get in a row before we depart.

No comments: