Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 8 — Friday, June 27

Christina Lake to Fruitvale
I had a long, but terrible sleep last night. The crows would not stop cawing. We needed our sleep. How dare they?

I’m writing this entry from the van for the second day in a row. As much as I want to be biking right now, I have to look at the big picture and take care of my knee. After some stretching and icing today, I hope I’m ready to go again tomorrow.

It’s frustrating, though. I have a bike that I can’t ride. It’s like a book for an illiterate person.

Before heading out today, we stopped at a outdoor sports store in Christina Lake and I bought a new bike seat. Vanessa has been raving about hers for over a month. They happened to have the exact same one (but for men) so I bought it. I trust it won’t feel like I’m sitting on open wounds anymore. Until now, I’ve been using the original seat that came with my bike. Compared to other seats, it’s rock hard and designed for triathlons. A new one was a must.

After buying the seat, we grabbed a coffee at the coffee shop next door and sat outside. A few minutes later a man with a cast on his entire leg walked by. I thought to myself, “things could be a lot worse” after seeing his condition.

We passed through Trail, which was a very nice looking town. We exchanged our broken camp stove for a new one. We stayed the night at a campground that looked like it was probably pretty nice at one time. Not so much anymore. But we can't really complain with $14/night for all of us.

No comments: