Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 7 — Thursday, June 26

Rock Creek to Christina Lake
Today was a difficult day for me, but only because I rode in the van while Kelly and Vanessa continued to bike. My knee was still bothering me so I thought I’d play it safe. I had to put my bike on the rack of shame (photo right) on the back of the van.

Vanessa and Kelly made pretty good time climbing hills with a headwind and then coasting down a series of hills into Grand Forks. Grand Forks is a very nice town. Population is approximately 4,000 and it has that small town feel to it.

I called a half dozen massage therapists in town to see if I could be fit in this afternoon. Luckily, one place had just had a cancellation. My appointment was at 3:30. It was now 3:15.

The massage really hit the spot. My lower body and back was worked. The massage therapist commented on how tight my legs were. That’s what I was expecting.

I hope it pays off. The stretches that I’m missing right now aren’t too far from Lethbridge so I can make these days up after the trip is over.

No comments: