Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 36 — Friday, July 25

Montreal River Harbour to Sault Ste. Marie
I woke up to the sound of pouring rain. I had wanted to get up to see the sunrise on the lake, but that wasn’t going to happen. It would’ve been awesome, but maybe another day I’ll get up that early. Or another year

When the rain stopped I got up to the sight of Allan dragging his yellow foamy and sleeping bag around the campground looking for the laundry room. If I had a nickel for every time I’ve seen that I’d have about 35 cents, which is a lot right now. It seems every time it rains, the rain finds a way into Allan’s tent. Either the top of his tent falls apart or the seams leak. I picture a little cloud right over Allan’s tent just pouring all night long, just like in Charlie Brown or Garfield comics. With the odd lightning bolt zapping Allan on the top of his bald head just for good measures.

It rained a fair bit today and at times I was glad I wasn’t riding. Vanessa and Kelly only stopped a couple times the entire 110 km ride which made things go by a lot quicker.

We pulled into a campsite in Sault Ste. Marie that cost $45 (thumbs up!) and I went to the hospital again. Another one of those weird sores came back near my shoulder. Apparently they’re just from sweating and chaffing. Guess I won’t have to worry about that anymore now that I’m not riding. Not only that, I’ve got some antibiotics for the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Brett and everyone.

Sounds like you are still having quite the adventure.

Sorry to see your knees causing more problems but maybe later they will feel better.

Too bad about the bears.

Lake Superior must have been fun to see.

Hot and beautiful every day here.

Love from Mom and Dad via Dutch West Indies (St. Maarten).

Rich and Ruth Holmes

Deirdre said...

The "big bird" you guys saw in Wawa is the name sake for the town. It is the first nation's word for goose. There is a love story behind the goose in a Stompin' Tom Connors song!

There is your fun-fact for the day.