Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 11 — Monday, June 30

Cranbrook to Sparwood
This was yet another warm day. We woke up to take Vanessa to the hospital for minor surgery. It turned out the guy who was to do the surgery didn’t think it was necessary. He thought some rest and antibiotics would be fine. It appears that when doctors tell any of us to rest, we interpret it as “go harder”. Vanessa rode that day and paid for it later, but she’s on the mend now.


Here's a video of a pit-stop from today:



We went by Fernie and Allan refilled a water jug for the cyclists. About an hour later we made it to Sparwood where we stayed at another great campsite for only $15.

Kelly ended up taking the van closer to the campground office so he could get internet. Turned out Vanessa and I had our food in the van and couldn’t cook anything until he got back, which was at about 11 p.m. We made some spaghetti and while I was washing a pot, Vanessa dropped my plate of spaghetti on the ground. And when I say “ground”, I really mean “interior of my tent and my clothes”. As a result, we ended up staying up later cleaning clothes. It began to rain for the very first time on the trip. We were nearly out of B.C. without getting a single drop. It was nice.

No comments: