Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 20 — Wednesday, July 9

White City to Moosomin
We woke up and met Allan on the highway as he was given a ride from Regina this morning. Allan was offered a ride by a passing vehicle, but luckily for us, Allan refused.

Vanessa got yet another flat, which doesn’t make much sense to any of us. She’s getting low on tubes, so in Brandon we’ll have to get her some more. If we find a good bike shop, I’ll also take my bike in so I can get it fitted properly to make it as easy on my muscles as possible. We’ll be in Brandon either tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday.

We stopped in at a 50’s diner on the highway that was pretty cool. It was filled with Coca-Cola products and memorabilia. The food was pretty good too. There was an old limo for sale out from. Man, would that be sweet. Just to drive it around. Not for riding in the back with a chauffeur driving it. I would just like to drive myself around to get groceries or go to the mall. My second choice would be a double-decker bus to just drive around and use as my primary vehicle.

Today was the day I was to get back on the bike. Unfortunately, my knee didn’t think so. So I’m still sidelined.

After eating, I took Vanessa’s bike for a 2 minute ride because I think I need to exercise my knee a little more so it doesn’t seize up. It felt good. No pain. I could still feel the knee, but no sharp pain. I took Vanessa’s bike for another spin about a half hour later and it felt decent then as well. I iced it right after while Allan drove.

The mosquitoes at tonight's campsite were not cool. They were everywhere. According to the AMA Campsite Handbook I have, this campsite was rated as high as the one at Osoyoos, which was the best so far, in my opinion. This one didn't really compare as it was mediocre at best.

No comments: