Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 15 — Friday, July 4

Lethbridge to Medicine Hat
Today I woke up pretty early and saw the team off for Medicine Hat. I stayed in Lethbridge as I had another acupuncture appointment (photo right). As well, I had an appointment with my sports physician.

Accupuncture went well, I guess. I think it’s working. We’ll know soon enough. While I was laying on the bed I heard cracks of thunder. I was wondering if the team was getting drenched. I was pretty comfortable where I was at the moment.

Later that afternoon I saw the sports doctor where it was somewhat nervous. I would compare it to checking your final grades on The Bridge. Depending on what the doctor said, I may not be able to continue.

She told me the cortisone appeared to have worked for the inflammation of my IT Band, but she discovered that the pain I now had was caused by a pulled hamstring. The pain was on the outside of the knee where the hamstring connects to the knee. She was not too worried, which calmed me down. She advised icing, stretching, and anti-inflammatory ointment. The inflammation was her main concern. If I could keep that in check, then I need not worry about permanent damage.

I drove to Medicine Hat and met up with the team at the World’s Biggest Tee-Pee. We stayed the night at my Gran’s and had a great meal. I also got to see my sister, Jill, and brother-in-law, Blaine. Including myself, Gran has had three grandchildren go to U of L.

No comments: