Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 35 — Thursday, July 24

Wawa to Montreal River Harbour
We went into Wawa and hit Tim Horton’s again to get some brunch. After taking some photos with a giant goose, we went on our way. I had bought some calamine lotion, which really showed those mosquito bites who was boss. I generally don’t get very itchy from mosquito bites but this time it was virtually unbearable for some reason. I had about a dozen bites pe
r limb.

It was a pretty scenic trip today. Lake Superior was to our right nearly the entire day. We stopped on a couple of occasions to take pictures. We were in a provincial park today, which was pretty nice.

We stopped at a beach and we (basically just myself) went for a swim. It was pretty cold at first and no one else wanted to jump in. Afterwards, Allan and I played a game of “see who can hit that log sticking out of the water with a rock”. It went into overtime where I pulled out the win. Allan practiced up for the next game while Vanessa, Kelly, and I layed on the beach in the sun.

We had a true feast tonight. Kraft Dinner, complete with hot dogs and ketchup. Kelly, Allan and I watched the sunset and then skipped some rocks on the lake. Before we hit the hay we all looked up at the stars where Kelly said with authority “There’s no way it’s going to rain tonight”.

No comments: