Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 19 — Tuesday, July 8

Moose Jaw to White City
I ate a cheese bun this morning and readied myself for another wild day in the van. Allan ended up driving 90% of the day, which included a detour to Rouleau, Saskatchewan, which may be more commonly known as Dog River, which is of course, the setting for the show Corner Gas.

It was pretty good. We could see the gas station and diner from a distance, as well as the elevator with “Dog River” on it. The only building we really got to go in was the “Police Station” as it doubled as a gift shot and café.


Afterwards we went to the gas station/diner and peered through the windows. The security guard/guestbook guy said it was a slow day today. On weekends they generally get about 300 visitors/day.

We kept moving on. We went back to the TransCanada Highway where Vanessa and Kelly picked up where they left off. Not long after, we were navigating around the outskirts of Regina. Also a very nice looking city. I may have been in Regina once before as a kid, but I’m not sure.

Today my knee did not feel better. Ever since changing the flat tire (on the van) it had been hurting more. I was ready to go home to go through rehab, an MRI, and surgery, if necessary. After thinking it over for a few hours this evening, I decided to wait it out until Winnipeg. This is the 14th day without biking. Rest doesn’t seem to be improving it. Stretching seems to aggravate it. Doing the Riverdance makes it ache. I’m not sure what’s going on.

We ended up in a small town named White City. If Saskatchewan is truly going to boom, White City is just a Chestermere waiting to happen, as it’s about 10 minutes outside of Regina. I intend on opening an ihop here one day.

I was going to take a swim in the outdoor pool at the campground but it closed an hour earlier than it said it would. Just my luck.

Vanessa and I played some Frisbee while Kelly updated his blog. Allan was in Regina visiting some family. We did meet some friendly people at the campsite tonight. It was a decent place.

Oh, and we also got a peek at the video made by CRDC (Curriculum Re-Development Centre)
for us cyclists: http://media.uleth.ca/crdc/sea_to_sea/sea_to_sea_web.mov — Check it out! It's pretty sweet!

1 comment: