Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 48 — Wednesday, August 6

Joliette to Trois-Riviéres
I drove from Ottawa out to our starting point near Joliette. It was about a 2 hour drive which included going through the west side of Montréal. Man, talk about congestion.

Nothing terribly eventful happened today, except when my nose suddenly became very itchy. So I rubbed it pretty hard. You know, like when you make a fist and itch your nose. Just like that.

About 5 minutes later I started sniffling a lot. Then all of a sudden I realized I had a bloody nose. A wave of fear swept over me. I leaned forward and put my hand out to prevent any blood from getting on my white shirt (which already has a number of other stains on it), but nothing fell. Lucky day! My mustache had finally served its purpose and was my first line of defense against my bloody nose. It soon stopped and I thanked my lucky stars.

I should mention that I was driving and Allan was fast asleep in the passenger seat, oblivious to it all, until I told everyone at the next rest stop what had happened. I don’t know why I got a bloody nose. I wasn’t even doing hard math.

We finally got to Trois-Riviéres and it was starting to get dark. There was a giant bridge we wanted to get over so we could cross the St. Lawrence. We had to rack the bikes because they weren’t allowed on the bridge. We pulled into a decent little campsite and after going on the internet we hit the hay.

p.s. I would like to own this car.

No comments: