Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 41 — Wednesday, July 30

North Bay to Stonecliffe
We woke up to the sound of pouring rain. And not long after, we could hear a ton of ducks quacking around our tents as they played in the puddles. It was kind of cool. We packed up our junk and took off to get some grub. We ended up at Macdonald’s which was attached to a Wal-Mart. I bought some rubber tubing so I could do some upper body exercises aside from pushups.

Of note, I finally(!) got to turn the page in our map book from something other than Northern Ontario. I think I may have those two pages memorized.

The terrain was becoming noticeably more flat. Not as many hills. We finally made it to a campsite a few kilometres from Stonecliffe. It was a pretty nice campsite. The people there were friendly, but couldn’t stop talking. Allan, Kelly, and I were on our computers when a couple men came up to us and one felt obliged to tell us about his “original” business but how he might sell it for a lot of money “just ‘cuz” and how his entire family consists of millionaires.

I got a small hole in my air mattress so I tried putting a bike tube patch on it, which held just long enough for me to fall asleep.

No comments: