Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 47 — Tuesday, August 5

Rest Day in Ottawa
Vanessa and I made a point of getting up early so we could go tour the city. We only had a few hours of sleep, but I’m glad we got up when we did. We headed straight for the Parliament Building which was about a 20 minute walk. We went down Sparks Street and hit a Tim Horton’s for breakfast, which was a half a block from Parliament. We browsed the Parliament grounds and got a pass for a tour of the inside later that afternoon.

In the meantime, we went on a double-decker bus tour around Ottawa. We saw many sites, including the Governor General’s house, the Prime Minister’s house, the RCMP stables, and a number of museums. As I mentioned before, a double-decker bus would be pretty sweet just to use as my primary vehicle back in Lethbridge. This tour confirmed it.

We took the tour of the Parliament Building and then went to The Market to meet everyone for the alumni event. It turned out there were more people than I expected. I’m not sure of how many exactly came out, but I’d estimate about 15 to 20 people. It was awesome to meet these ex-U of L students who were so interested in the trip. It was pretty sweet.

No comments: