Saturday, August 2, 2008

Day 43 — Friday, August 1

Haley Station to Gatineau, Québec
We packed up pretty quickly this morning and despite no rain we headed straight to the Ark. This time for breakfast (and internet).

I drove the entire day. We crossed over into Québec and because it was not a significant highway, there wasn’t really any welcome sign or anything. “I guess we’re in Québec...” I thought to myself as I scanned for signs. The roads were pretty bad all the way into Gatineau. Once we got into the city, Vanessa and Kelly took a bike trail where we would meet them at the Ottawa Bridge.

While they biked, Allan and I went over the bridge into Ottawa where we got a nice view of the Parliament Building. Vanessa phoned as they thought they were at the right bridge. They weren’t, and they kept moving, but they went the wrong direction and ended up going north into Gatineau. We GPS’d their location, met up, and drove to a friend of Kelly’s (Joanne) where we would stay the night.

We met up with Joanne, Brittany, and Jamie (all U of L Alumni) and went to The Market where we had some pretty good burgers. It was a pretty good time.

No comments: